Social networks today are a place where we spend a huge amount of time and observe the diversity of the world with no limits. These are not just platforms for communication, they are vast open spaces where everyone finds something to their liking. So why don’t you turn your hobby into a business that will attract customers and generate a steady income?
Social Networks are the Best Platform for Promotion
How can you turn your hobby into a business and get a stable income while staying home? These days, this issue is becoming more and more pressing. We’ve already written an article on this subject. We’ve come to understand that if you know how to do something well, you can create a YouTube channel about it. Now let’s find out how to turn social networks into a means of making money.
Social networks were conceived as entertainment and a means of convenient communication between friends and acquaintances. But their implementation was so successful that now they have outgrown their initial purpose. These days, the vast majority of the world’s population (5.11 billion unique users) are members of the Internet Community. 3.48 billion of them use social networking sites and 3.26 billions access social networks from their mobile devices.
Such popularity inevitably makes social networks a huge open environment with vast business opportunities in addition to being a communication and entertainment tool. According to experts, the main secret of successful communication between a business and its audience in social networks is the selection of the right tone of voice, style of communication, and understanding of the audience. So, for social networks to generate income, you should not make them too serious. Let’s delve into how to create, maintain, and promote a community that will be a good friend to those people your business is targeted for.
Determining the Profile of the Audience
First we need to identify the target audience:
- Who is your customer?
- What gender are those people?
- Where do they live?
- Where do they work?
- What do they do?
- What are their interests and hobbies?
- What do they buy?
- Which movies and music do they prefer?
- How do they like to relax?
The answers to those questions will give us the most crucial knowledge – what content to post on my social media page, how to turn my hobby into a business, and how to land within the scope of interests of my target customers.
Tone Of Voice
The next important principle is the communication of a brand with its audience that is based on and is formulated by writer Maya Angelou –
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”.
In order to turn a hobby into a small business (including working from home) it is necessary to create a productive brand communication with the audience, real and potential customers. It is necessary to give your social network presence a unique and recognizable “voice”. Will your style of communication be friendly or deliberately suave and respectable? Humorous or serious? Expressed with simple words or with long sentences and complex terms? All of these directly depend on who is “portrayed in the profile of your target audience and how that customer perceives your brand.” Here are seven tips from experts on what to look out for when developing your Tone of Voice for social networking:
- Avoid cut-and-dry words and expressions (quality, first-class, reliable, best, etc.), find something of your own wording to describe your product or service.
- Use the same tone of communication in all your brand communications, in all posts and comments, in pictures and videos that you post on social networks. The reader should form the feeling that he or she is communicating with a nice and pleasant person, for whom these words and expressions are characteristic, no matter what that person is talking about.
- Do not be afraid to use daring techniques in design and copywriting to make the resulting product really vivid and memorable. Experiments are necessary to find things that are powerful and memorable.
- Keep a close eye on what your competitors are doing and do it in a different way. Remember that your tone of voice serves mainly to make your brand stand out in the market and in order to do so, you need to know and feel the market.
- Your tone of voice should make it easier for the audience to communicate with your brand, not to make the communication more complicated.
- Don’t simplify things you don’t have to. If you need to use a technical term and explain it, then do so. Don’t descend to familiarity or “baby language.”
- Stick to the developed tone of voice today, tomorrow, next month, and next year. Let the audience get used to it not only in order to attract subscribers, but rather to find loyal friends of the brand.
Ideally, you should have a specific person in your mind – a target audience profile that will have a name and a biography. Some companies even create cute animated portraits of their clients. This helps them create a good rapport with their audience and sets a friendly tone for communication between them. Now, let’s examine the tone of communication between the brand and its audience in a little more detail – another important component of successful brand communication in social networks.
Business Promotion on Instagram
Instagram is the ideal platform for starting and developing your own business. When your target audience and tone of voice are defined, it’s time to create your business representation in social networks, fill it with content and promote it. And it is better to begin with Instagram. People consume a huge amount of content there, they are ready to participate in a variety of promotions, challenges, follow the news, communicate, and have fun.
To build successful communication on Instagram for business advertising you need to do the following:
- Create a unique style, uniform for all your pictures and videos.
- Write interestingly and regularly.
- Use hashtags and geotags.
- Hold contests and giveaways.
- Engage opinion leaders.
- Cooperate with partners – large companies like yours or even larger ones.
It is important!If you can’t cope with adequate page maintenance on your own, it’s better to hire an assistant rather than to maintain your social networking inadequately or irregularly.
How to Turn Your Hobby into a Successful Business?
In our time and age, the line between business and media is increasingly disappearing.
Whatever you do, from producing toilet tissue to cryptocurrency mining, you will first have to become an effective media resource your customers will know and love.
That’s why creating a business in social networks is so important. It allows you to be closer to the customer, meaningfully communicate with them and form a friendly environment of trust. Business in social networks is a phenomenon that is relevant today and is becoming more and more in demand every single day. And your brand’s devotees and subscribers are the most valuable assets that can ensure the prosperity of your brand for many years to come.